The times are here when you would not be able to get out of your house without covering yourself. Sunscreen care is necessary. No one would be able to escape the wrath of scorching sun. It is that time of the year again when you will see people with umbrellas and covered head to toe.
Skin problems like photoaging, premature wrinkles, sunburn, age spots, Photosensitivity and sometimes moles arise because of sun. In some severe cases, people may even develop some form of skin cancer. People do their best to save themselves from harmful rays of sun but just covering is not enough.
Sometimes, you need additional protection and what could be better than some natural homemade sunscreen lotion. Here we are giving you a homemade natural sunscreen lotion with natural SPF. Each ingredient used in this home sunscreen, is natural SPF, for e.g. coconut oil has 4 to 6 SPF, shea butter has 4 to 6 SPF and Almond oil has something around 5 SPF.
Ingredients to make Sunscreen at home:
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or almond (can contain herbs)
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of beeswax
- 2 Tbsp zinc oxide
- Up to 1 tsp of red raspberry seed oil or carrot seed oil or 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- Essential oils, Vanilla extract
How to make Sunscreen at home:
- Take a large jar or a clean glass bottle. Any container made of glass.
- Mix all the ingredients in the container.
- Now, take a large pan of water. Boil the water and place the glass container with all the ingredients in it except the zinc oxide.
- As the water simmers, the ingredients in the jar start to melt.
- You can take a wooden ladle to mix all the ingredients.
- When all the ingredients are completely melted and mixed into each other, add the zinc oxide, stir again.
- Your homemade sunscreen is ready; you can shift it to any container or jar you want. Since it will be a bit thick in consistency, you won’t be able to use a spray.
- Make sure that the zinc oxide is mixed well.
- You can use this sunscreen within six months.
Things you need to keep in mind about this homemade sunscreen
- It is of SPF 15, if you add zinc oxide, you will increase the SPF.
- You can add more beeswax to make it thick and less to make it a bit soft.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
Sunscreen SPF meaning Sun Protection Factor, is a relative measure of how long a sunscreen will protect you from ultraviolet (UV) B rays.