Whiteheads are form of acne and one of the greatest fears of the beauty – a build-up of oils, serum and dead skin that plugs up your pores. Just like the blackheads, the whiteheads can be also seen in both teenagers and adults. Whiteheads can be shortly defined as: tiny, pearly, white raised spots formed in the skin where skin cells clog and close a hair follicle (the reason why they are also called closed comedones).
How To Remove And Prevent Whiteheads?
Many people mistake whiteheads for pimples as they both look alike but there is a difference because whiteheads should be removed very carefully.
The exact cause of whiteheads isn’t still known for sure but most of the dermatologists suggest that the whiteheads are caused by the accumulation of hardened sebum (oil) in the pores of the skin. If the skin pore closes up then the bacteria will remain under the skin – it will begin to grow and after a few days a whitehead will be formed.
Whiteheads usually occur on different parts of the face, most commonly around the eyes and on the cheeks. Most of the people also get whiteheads on the chest, neck and forehead. Whiteheads are often accompanied with blackheads, pimples and acne.
TIPS ON HOW TO GET RID OF WHITEHEADS AND HOW TO PREVENT WHITEHEADS
You should never try to remove whiteheads alone at home, never! You should know that whiteheads are different from pimples or blackheads. If you try to squeeze the whitehead you may easily break the skin which will result in permanent, reddish scar.
The best way to prevent the formation of whiteheads is to follow a strict skin care regimen, as follows
1. Clean your face at least twice a day with skincare products that are appropriate for your skin type. Use a facial cleanser that contain salicylic acid or alpha hydroxyl acids as there ingredients help in unclogging the pores.
2. Exfoliate your skin regularly – twice or three times a week. Apply the exfoliating products all over your face, using light, circular motions concentration on the problem areas of the face forehead, nose and cheeks. Try to find a gentle exfoliator with small particles it will encourage newer, smoother and healthier skin cells to grow, helping to unclog the pores.
3. Even if your skin is oily or mixed you should never forget to apply a moisturizer or a hydrating cream.
4. Once a week steam your face for a few minutes to cleanse your skin in deep. Steaming is very important to loosen debris that may be embedded into the skin. When steaming the face you wide the clogged pores and soften the skin in order to cleanse more easily the impurities, the traces of makeup, the dust, the sebaceous secretions as well as the dead skin cells.
5. You can also use a comedone remover (a comedone extractor ) tool – a handy device to help keep pores free of blackheads and blemishes. It will remove all clogged dark bumps with trapped sebum, bacteria and excess oils dislodging pore blockages leaving skin clear and smooth. This tool should be used immediately after steaming the face.
If you have just a small number of whiteheads don’t do anything – leave them the way they are because sometimes whiteheads go away by themselves in a few days.
You should never try to squeeze the whitehead alone; you had better go to the nearest beauty parlor and consult a beautician or a dermatologist.
The cosmetologists are trained to remove whiteheads and the other forms of acne flawlessly. They use special methods and tools to extract the whiteheads without a risk of skin infections and scarring.
1. The first thing the cosmetologist will do is to steam your face – to widen the clogged pores and to soften the skin in order to cleanse more easily the impurities. After steaming it will be more easily to remove the comedones /blackheads, whiteheads/ and the little pimples.
2. Then she / he will use a sterilized needle to gently prick the tip of the whitehead with the needle. A gentle pressure will be needed to ease out the pus. Basically this is to most common way used by the dermatologist and the beauticians to remove the whiteheads. The method resembles the way a pimple is popped but a higher degree of attention is needed.
Useful Tips for treating whiteheads:
1. Remember: whiteheads should be extracted by an experienced esthetician or dermatologist.
2. To prevent whiteheads from forming in the first place, you should use a mild facial cleanser that is oil-free and wash your face at least twice a day.
3. Never squeeze or pick at a pimple as doing so may spread the inflammation and leave an ugly red scar behind.
4. Use a face cream or moisturizer containing salicylic acid.
5. Always look for antibacterial skin care and cosmetic products.
6. Use skin care products with benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid or AHAs.
7. It’s essential to keep your skin clean all the time in order to prevent the formation of whiteheads.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin and body hydrated and to remove the toxins from your skin.
9. Always apply a toner after cleansing your face in the morning and in the evening to close the pores.
10.Remember: there is a difference between a blackhead and a whitehead, blackheads are partly blocked pores and the fully blocked pores are called whiteheads.
11. Never try to remove whiteheads at home – this may lead to serious skin infections and permanent scarring.
12. Remember: usually the whiteheads go away by themselves in a few days.
13. Never forget to remove your makeup in the evening; otherwise this may clog the pores resulting in blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and rash appearance.
14. Never use harsh facial cleansers, soaps or lotions.
15. Always look for noncomedogenic and nonacnegenic skin care and makeup products.
16. Like the blackheads, the whiteheads can be seen on the areas around the face, especially around the nose, eyes, cheeks and forehead.
17. Never use oil-based makeup precuts as they may contribute to the buildup of oil in the follicles.
18. Always apply moisturizer after washing your face.
19. Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week with a mild exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells.
20. Remember: the appearance of your skin is influenced mainly by your skin care routine.
21. Always wear a sunscreen or sunblock with SPF at least 15, even during the winter months to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
22. Avoid touching your face with dirty hands – you can transform bacteria and cause inflammation.
23. Remember: the best way to prevent whiteheads is to keep your skin clean and well moisturized all the time.
24. Regular facials can help prevent whiteheads because they will keep your pores clean.
25. Do a cleansing face mask once or twice a week.
The Whitehead Blues
So, you have finally begun a relationship with someone whose attention you have been trying to get for months. Actually, things have taken a sudden turn for the better and you have managed to weasle a short kissing session out of Mr. or Mrs. Right when you notice they aren’t exactly kissing you with the passion you had so hoped would manifest as soon as their lips hit yours. After several well-placed, yet slightly emotionless kisses from “the one,” you come up for some air and notice a huge whitehead has moved in next door to your otherwise attractive nose.
Makes sense, you say to yourself, as the euphoria of your new relationship has no doubt triggered some new hormonal activity, and you forgot to wash your face the night before. Your diet has also gone by the wayside as you have been frequenting more fried food places to be able to spend time with your new catch.
Whiteheads are the result of your body fighting bacteria that has started to build up in your pores. Dirt gets trapped and mixes with the naturally occurring oil in your skin, which is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. The best way to prevent a whitehead is to wash your face twice a day and to make sure that you avoid eating unhealthy foods. Drink plenty of fluids and get enough rest, as this is also important for overall health.
If you are like me and don’t have a lot of energy in the evening, you can use facial cleansing wipes. They actually work very well, as you can see the dirt and makeup on the towlette, and can tell when your face is truly clean. Each person has their own skin type, so be sure to get the facial cleanser that is best for you. Never use anything harsh on your face as it can cause your skin to overproduce oil to replace what was lost, in turn causing more problems.
As you can see, keeping your skin clean, eating and drinking healthily, and getting enough rest can surely benefit you and your love life!
Natural Whitehead Removal
People everywhere and of every age suffer with whiteheads. They can be difficult to get rid of and cause anxiety. Many products on the market that offer great results yet contain harsh chemicals and can be quite expensive. In addition to drinking plenty of water and using a mild face wash, using a natural an inexpensive facial mask made with honey can reduce whiteheads and improve the overall clarity of the skin.
Using Honey Only
For effective results, first wash your face with warm water and soap. The warm water will open up your pores, allowing the honey to penetrate your skin deep into the pores and remove dirt and oil. Be sure to cover your entire face with the honey, gently massaging your skin.
Allow the honey to absorb into the skin for 10-15 minutes. After the time is up, wash your face with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
If your skin has many whiteheads, you can massage your problem areas before washing the honey off. Be sure to focus your massaging on areas such as the nose, cheekbones, forehead and other areas that may be prone to whiteheads. While massaging your face the honey may begin to get sticky. If this happens, gently begin to tap your skin. This will open the pores and allow the honey to clean deep into the pores. Wash face with luke warm water when finished.
Honey Combination Masks
Honey does not have to be used alone as a facial mask. It can be combined with other ingredients, such as oatmeal, to reduce whiteheads. Mix 2 Tbs of honey with 1 Tbs of oatmeal and warm in the mircowave. Apply the mixture to your face and leave on there for 15-20 minutes. Rinse face with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
Mixing 1 Tbs of honey with one egg white also can reduce whiteheads. Apply mixture to the face for 30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
These whitehead remedies are all natural and made from ingredients you can find in your own home. It does not contain any harsh chemicals that can cause dryness and peeling like other products and is a fraction of the cost. Honey not only helps in riding the face of whiteheads, it also moisturizes and leaves the skin glowing, firm, and radiant.
Fast Tips on Getting Rid of Whiteheads
If your face often breaks out, or if you have problems with white heads, there are a few different things that you can do. Getting rid of them can be easy, but you have to be careful. People always tell you not to pick your face. This applies in instances where the puss hasn’t reached the breaking point of your skin.
First before you pick, try using an exfoliate pad, or an exfoliating cleanser on your face. In many cases this will eliminate the white head and wash away the puss that was inside of it. If this doesn’t work, you are going to have to pop it. First wash your hands and make sure that they are clean. Next, gently push around the white head to see if anything leeks out. Don’t press too hard or you will cause swelling and bruising, making it worse. If you can’t get anything to come out, try sterilizing a pin and popping the white head. First press a warm compress on the white head to make it soft. Make sure that you are only poking the white part of the pimple, and not getting an other part of your face. If done properly, the puss will slowly leak out through the hole.
After you have drained the white head, you are going to want to wash your face with an antibacterial face wash, to make sure that it gets cleaned out properly. Pat your face dry with a towel. You may even want to put a little bit of antibiotic onto the mark to make sure that it doesn’t get any dirt, oil, or grease into it. Make sure that you are very careful and you don’t squeeze your face, that will only make it worse. If your pimple has not come to a white head yet, wait before irritating it.
How is a White head formed?
A white head is formed on the skin due to oil build- up, dead skin and serum. These deposits block the pores and create eruptions. They close the hair follicles causing a white eruption, which is painful at times. Unlike acne and pimples, white heads do not have any age restriction and hormonal causes. They are caused in teens and adults. When a specific part is blocked with the dead cells and sebum, the bacteria begins to grow inside, which gives rise to a white head. These appear on different parts of the face, forehead and even neck. If whiteheads are left untreated, they might lead to infectious skin problems such as black heads, acne and pimples.
How to avoid whiteheads?
Remember white heads can leave a permanent scar if you try to remove or squeeze them. The best solution is to leave them the way they are. Sometimes they dry and disappear on their own without any treatment. If they are a real bother or if there are extreme eruptions, go to the nearest beautician or consult a dermatologist.
The best way to avoid whiteheads is to keep your skin clean and hydrated. Exfoliate your skin at least once a week. Use an exfoliating skin cream allover your face and neck and massage gently. The tiny particles will clean your pores and keep them dirt and residue free. Steam your face once a week every week. This will open the pores and flush out the dirt and the dead cells. After steaming, use comedone remover to remove blockages and black heads.
Treatment for Extreme whiteheads
In case of too many white heads, approach a trained cosmetologist or a beautician. They are experienced and trained in removing white heads without infecting and scarring the skin. They usually steam your face to make the pores open up and the skin soft. Then they prick the upper layer of the white head with a sterilized needle and apply pressure on the eruption to excrete the pus. Then the skin is cleaned using antiseptic lotion or some medication.
Tips to Avoid whiteheads
1. Wash your face at least twice a day using fresh water.
2. Use creams and lotions that contain Salicyclic acid or use antibacterial skin products to keep your skin healthy and infection free.
3. Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated. Let your skin sweat occasionally. This will open the pores and flush out the bacteria in it.
4. Apply toner twice a day morning and evening after washing your face thoroughly. This tightens your pores and keeps them closed.
5. Do not touch your face with your hands frequently or fiddle with any of the eruptions; this might lead to infection and whiteheads.
Follow a healthy and energetic routine. Include farm fresh vegetables, fruits and fresh greens in your diet to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Aging and skin problems occur only due to abnormal diet and skin care. Love your skin and pamper it with a nourishing diet to make you look young and beautiful forever.